Legal Gambling USA

Online casino games, poker, sports and horse racing betting websites authorized in USA

Legal Gambling USA

Tennessee Could Be Next To Legalize Sports Betting Online

April 26, 2020

Tennessee appears to be the next US state that will legalize online sports betting. The residents of Tennessee could be using their mobile devices to wager on sports as early as July.

With many states already allowing sports bettors to wager online, Tennessee is looking to reap the benefits of legalized sports betting. There is the potential for the state to earn significant revenues from taxes paid by gaming operators. The deal may be even sweeter for Tennessee because of how the state law regulates winning bets.

Bettors will be capped at a 90% win, meaning that they can only collect 90% of a winning wager. The other 10% will be collected by the TN Education Lottery Corporation. This is referred to as a hold. In other states such as Nevada the hold is six percent. Some states like Pennsylvania and Illinois do not have a hold but impose tax rates as high as 36%.

Tennessee is also going to only offer mobile online sports betting. Unlike some other states, there will be no brick-and-mortar retail betting establishments in Tennessee. This is an attractive scenario for those who have been lobbying for nationwide legalization of online gambling. Tennessee could ultimately be seen as an experiment in how online gambling can be managed.

One of the challenges that Tennessee may face is competition with other state betting markets that allow physical shops. In Mississippi and Arkansas there are retail options for sports betting. Some Tennessee bettors may already be taking advantage of those betting opportunities. The state will need to lure them back with attractive online sports betting options.

The expected July start may also be a good thing. The COVID-19 pandemic has caused the cancellation of live sporting events. Some are hopeful that things will be somewhat back to normal by July.

 


Online Sports Betting News in USA

Unibet Offers $270 Worth Of Free Bets

May 30, 2020 — There are more than a handful of online wagering sites looking to generate extra attention during the COVID-19 lockdowns. These include Unibet NJ which is currently offering $270 worth of free bets ...

Baseball Returns to Sports Betting Menu But Not MLB Yet

May 26, 2020 — As the COVID19 pandemic drags on towards the end of its third month in the U.S., online sports bettors throughout the nation are still looking for meaningful sports betting opportunities. It looks l...

Unibet Offers Showdown on the Green Promo

May 22, 2020 — It's good to see that the sports world is starting to open up again after a sabbatical of almost three months due to the COVID19 pandemic. During this sabbatical, sports betters have been forced int...

Nevada Online Gambling Operators Offering Curbside Service

May 20, 2020 — When pressed, good business people will come up with good business ideas. In light of the current COVID19 pandemic, online gambling providers have been looking for ways to honor community standards ...

All the news from the legal sports betting in USA

Copyright 2020 © LEGAL-GAMBLING-USA.COM - All rights reserved
Legal Disclaimer - Warning - Affiliate Program - Responsible Gaming - Contact
Legal-Gambling-USA.com on Twitter   RSS Legal-Gambling-USA.com

Gambling involves risk: indebtedness, dependence, isolation. Helpline: 1.800.522.4700
Gambling is prohibited for minors.

-18 -21